Boy, 2, dies after dad reportedly spends crowdfunding donations on drugs and partying |

by crypto journalist

A sick Brazillian toddler has died after his father allegedly blew all his treatment money on sex workers, parties and drugs.

João Miguel Alves, 2, is said to have died at his Salvador home on Thursday after his fight with degenerative disease spinal muscular atrophy.

In the video above: Two young girls found dead in their Madeley home

Brazil’s Pleno News has claimed that Mateus Henrique Leroy Alves spent approximately $600,000BRL ($219,600AUD) that was raised through crowdfunding, on his own personal luxuries.

He was arrested in July after his wife picked up on numerous withdrawals from the money raised for their son’s serious degenerative disease.

The 37-year-old was allegedly staying in a beachfront hotel and spending his money on parties, drinks, drugs, clothing and jewellery.

His wife Karine Rodrigues discovered the withdrawals after police told her to check the money raised for her son when her husband’s information didn’t quite add up.

She allegedly realised that large amounts of the cash had been withdrawn which led to police arresting her husband on his third luxury holiday.

According to local media the father also allegedly invested some of the money in a Brazilian brothel but it isn’t clear yet if this came from his son’s fund.

Mateus told the authorities that he’d been extorted but police were unable to find any truth in this, Pleno News reported.

The case’s investigator, Daniel Gomes, said Mateus has been charged with larceny and material neglect of his family.

He remains in detention.

A little boy’s struggle

The donation page reportedly reached a massive $358,000 to keep Joao alive but his dad is thought to have wasted a large sum of that money.

The little boy needed a medication named Spinraza to prevent the disease from advancing which costs $123,000 for a single dosage.

After the father was arrested the Brazillian government agreed to pay for the first three doses of the medicine.

Joao had his first batch in August.

According to Gomes, the boy sadly passed away on Thursday after he was taken to the hospital – suffering a reported heart attack.

This content was originally published here.

Share this article

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

4 × one =